Inquiries submitted through this Website may not include ideas, concepts, copy, proposals, inventions, methods or techniques for Skiff, LLC's services or products, or for new or proposed services or products (collectively referred to as 'Submitted Material'). By proposing or submitting any Submitted Material, (a) you hereby grant to Skiff, LLC a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unrestricted, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use all such Submitted Material in any manner whatsoever without compensation or attribution to you, and (b) you hereby grant to Skiff, LLC the right, at its sole discretion, to use your name in connection with the Submitted Material and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related to such material and information. Use of such Submitted Material shall not require permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity. You agree that Skiff, LLC is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Submitted Material. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Skiff, LLC for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in Submitted Material and that the submission of any Submitted Material to Skiff, LLC irrevocably waives any and all "moral rights" in such materials. You will indemnify Skiff, LLC for all claims resulting from the Submitted Material that you submit or propose.
What Is Personally Identifiable Information
“Personally identifiable information” is information that we can use to identify you as an individual. Personally identifiable information includes your name, address, telephone number, and any other information that is connected with you personally.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Skiff generally collects personally identifiable information with your specific knowledge and consent. Before you are able to receive further information about Skiff and its products, you may be required to provide limited personal information. This information may be collected on our behalf by third party service providers who have been instructed to use the information only as directed by Skiff.
Skiff uses this information to provide you with the service you have requested. We may also use your information to contact you by e-mail or offline with special offers from Skiff or affiliated parties who have asked Skiff to market to its users on their behalf. If you don’t want us to send you e-mail messages, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may also initiate marketing contacts with colleagues at your business or institution on the basis of inquiries you may make about our products and services.
In addition, Skiff may share or disclose personally identifiable information about you to other companies or individuals when:
- we utilize third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf (such as sending e-mails, newsletters, or processing credit cards), and ask these service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information and not to use your personally identifiable information for any reason except to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them;
- we authorize third parties, such as advertisers and others who may have products we think might be of interest to you, to contact you;
- the entity to whom the information is disclosed is one under control of, or under common control with Skiff (for these purposes, a company controlling 20% or more of the voting stock of another entity shall be deemed to control such entity);
- we need to protect our legal rights (for example, if we are trying to collect money you owe us);
- we must comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal or regulatory process; or
- in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange, or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of the business conducted by the Web sites to which this policy applies.
Our cookies may contain personally identifiable information and such cookies may be shared with others to the same extent indicated above.
We have in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the information that is collected online and stored in our database. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company, or your university. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, gather broad demographic information, and administer our Web site.
Kids And Parents
The sites covered by this policy are not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information.
California and Canadian Residents
California and Canadian residents have the right to know how their information may be shared with third parties who engage in direct marketing activities and this policy explains our practices and how you can opt out of having your information shared for such purposes.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this Web site, you consent to this transfer. You also consent to the adjudication of any disputes arising in connection with this Web site in the federal and state courts of, and in accordance with the laws of, the State of New York.